Strong Password Generator
Download Strong Password Generator
Generate Strong Passwords Easily
My Password Generator - strong password generator
My Password Generator is easy to use strong password generator that uses universal random number generator (URAND) subroutine for generating really strong passwords.
My Password Generator is a hard password generator for Windows that helps you quickly and easily generate individual strong passwords as well as strong passwords list.
To generate passwords, just click 'Generate Passwords' button
Why you need to generate strong passwords
1. There are many examples of "random" password generator software on the Internet but many programs do not generate random characters in a way that insures strong security.
Computer programming languages include functions that can generate random numbers. Such library functions often have poor statistical properties and some will repeat patterns after only tens of thousands of trials. Library functions are often initialized based on computer's clock. Of course these library functions for generating random numbers may provide enough randomness for some simple tasks but they can't provide high-quality randomness.
My Password Generator uses Universal Random Number Generator subroutine for generating random passwords. URAND is a subroutine for generating uniformly-distributed floating-point numbers. URAND is guaranteed to have a full-length cycle.
2. My Password Generator is a strong password generator that allows you to:
- select which characters you want to use in passwords - you can use lower-case letters (a-z) and upper-case letters (A-Z), special symbols (!, #, $, (, ., ), -, *, ,, +, =, _ ) and digits to generate passwords
- create and use characters sets to control which characters and how often can appear in passwords
- define minimum 'character inclusion' requirements for each characters set (e.g. at least 2 upper-case letters, 2 lower-case, etc)
- include/exclude individual characters (letters, digits, special symbols) and blocks of characters
- set password length
- choose the number of passwords to create
My Password Generator is a powerful password generator that uses Universal Random Number Generator subroutine for generating really random strong passwords.
Like most computer users, you need lots of passwords: for your computer, bank accounts, Internet services. Remembering all of them is not easy. So some users create passwords that are easily to remember but also easily to guess or crack.
Strong passwords are very difficult to crack using commonly available code breaking software.
The stronger password you create, the more secure your data protection is.
My Password Generator is a strong password generator for Windows that helps you quickly and easily generate strong passwords.
To generate strong passwords, just click 'Generate Passwords' button
How to create strong passwords
Strong passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Strong passwords should not be based on well-known or easily accessible personal information. You should never use personal information as a part of your password. It is very easy for others to guess things like your last name, pet's name and other personal details.
- Strong passwords must contain characters from at least three of the following four categories:
1. Upper case letter. (A - Z)
2. Lower case letter. (a - z)
3. Digits (0 - 9)
4. Special symbols (for example, !, #, $, (, ., ), -, *, ,, +, =, _ ).
The greater variety of characters in your password, the stronger it is.
- To improve the strength of your password, avoid using only look-alike substitutions of numbers or symbols such as to replace an 'i' with a '1', etc. But these substitutions can be effective when combined with other measures, such as length, upper-case and lower-case letters.
- Password length
Each character you add to your password increases its password complexity and security. Strong passwords should be 8 or more characters in length. The more characters your password contains, the more difficult it can be to guess.
- Strong passwords shouldn't contain dictionary and/or foreign words.
- You should regularly change your password (at least every 60 days).
- Avoid using simple transformations of a word such as reversing the spelling, changing uppercase to lower-case or vice versa, etc
Strong password is not enough
Of course strong passwords can help protect your sensitive data but another important part of privacy protection is password protection as matter how strong your password is, if someone can have access to your passwords.
Need to keep passwords in a safe and secure way? Use 'Password Keeper' module that helps you safely store your logins, passwords and other sensitive information in one place
My Password Generator protects your passwords, usernames, logins and associated web sites from others - all information can be encrypted using AES 256-bit key encryption. AES encryption (256-bit key) protects your strong passwords from unauthorized access.
Create strong passwords with one click
desktop sticky notes